Use Income Planning Strategies to Retire Well
When it comes to retiring with confidence, accumulating assets is only the half the battle. It’s critical that you can then develop and implement a strategic plan for distributing those assets in a way that meets your income needs throughout your retirement years … no matter how long they last.
You may have heard about common rules of thumb for doing so, such as the age-old four percent rule. But in truth, there is no one-size-fits-all way to approach income planning. There are a number of considerations that come into play, including:
- The type of lifestyle you hope to maintain in the future
- The bottom line for covering your basic needs
- When and how to claim your Social Security benefits
- How Social Security, pension, IRA and annuity income can work together
- Your current and projected tax brackets
- If there are additional assets available to cover discretionary expenses or to provide a legacy
- How inflation might impact the value of your income over time
- How to address market volatility, low-interest rates and other economic challenges you may face
For even the most financially literate individuals, making sense of it all is anything but easy. That’s where our experience can make a meaningful difference. As a Retirement Income Certified Professional®, Laura Carlson can work with you to help identify and implement workable strategies for creating an income stream while putting your goals and dreams within reach. We’ll then help you make any adjustments needed should life’s “what ifs” become “what is.”
Laura Carlson offers Investment Advisory Services through Inspire Advisors, LLC (Hollister, CA 877-859-6383), an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Inspire Advisors, LLC, and its advisors do not render tax, legal, or accounting advice. Life Impact Advisors is not a registered investment advisor and is an affiliate of Inspire Advisors, LLC. Insurance products and services are offered through Laura Carlson independent agent.
Life Impact Advisors, Laura Carlson and Inspire Advisors, LLC are not affiliated with or endorsed by the Social Security Administration or any government agency.